The model used at The Leadership Center is a simple one. We desire to provide academic, leadership, community development, and business opportunities to impoverished women so that they may become the next generation of ethical Honduran leaders. We use the following process to select, educate, train, develop, and send out all our students and graduates.
- Applicants are recommended by an individual familiar with our organization and mission. This may be another NGO leader, a high school teacher, a former PeaceCorps volunteer, a missionary, a pastor or priest, or a Honduran business leader or government official.
- Applicants then come to a two-day interview at The Leadership Center. They get to experience life on campus, meet our current students, familiarize themselves with the primary goals and objectives of the institution, and participate in the interview process.
- Each year, approximately 12 applicants are selected to be part of the new cohort.
- The students then study and live on campus for 3 years. During this time, students study English, Leadership, Community Development, Business, and more. For more information on our curriculum, please click HERE.
- Upon graduation, every student may apply for an investment in their business by Leadership Mission International. Students who are selected will have three years to pay back the investment so that the funds can be used to help future graduates.
Please see our “Positive Impact” page in order to learn a bit more about the impact we’re having in communities around Honduras.